Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) is a legally recognised method of signing documents electronically.
Digital Signature Certificates are used by programs on the Internet and local machines to confirm the identity of a third party. The digital signatures are now accepted at par with handwritten signatures and the electronic documents that have been digitally signed are treated at par with paper documents.
Digital signatures have often confused with scanned copies of a physical written signature, which do not have any legal backing for authentication of electronic documents.
Uses of Class 2 Digital Signature Certificate
Class 2 DSC Digital Signature Certificates are mainly used for –
There are different types of Digital Signature Certificate that are used for different purposes.
- Use the Application Form – E-Mudhhra DSC Application Indian National
- Use BLUE INK ONLY to fill up the application and for signature
- To be filled up without error and the information must be exactly matching with the supporting documents.
- Affix recent passport size Color photograph of the applicant
- A valid Personal Email id of the applicant. One Email Id cannot be used for more than one DSC.
- The Applicant’s Signature must be matching with the signature in ID proof. There are two places for signature:
- Sign the Application Form: (1) Across the photo – Half portion in application and half on photo. (2) On the Space provided for ‘Signature of Applicant’ on Page 1.
Digital Signature (Class 2 DSC) – Requirements
Place an order and make online payment
Submit the Application and supporting documents
Enrollment of DSC Request
Complete the Video Verification
Complete the Phone Verification
Download the DSC to E-Token
Application – Verification Process
Application by the DSC Aplicant
The Applicant has to fill the prescribed DSC Application Form with required particulars and have to sign the same personally and the physical application is to be submitted to Registration Authority for enrolment.
Enrolment of application by RA
The Registration Authority shall make enrolment of DSC application with portal of Certification Authority for issue of DSC. After verification documents and application by RA, video / mobile verification request for applicant will be initiated.
Video Verification for DSC Approval
After submitting the application and documents to E-Mudhra, the applicant will get a web link for video verification. Video verification can be completed with Desktop of Mobile App.
Mobile No. Verification
After video verification, the applicant should also complete verification of “Mobile Number” given in the application form. Applicant must send an SMS to 09945211399 in the below format from the applicant mobile number mentioned in the application.
Download of DSC to E-Token
After both the verification, the applicant will get an authentication code for downloading the DSC. On receipt of authentication code, the DSC can be downloaded to the E-Token Storage device.
Any of the following documents can be submitted as ID Proof. All the documents must be self attested by the applicant
- Valid Passport
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Bank Account Passbook containing the photograph and signed by an individual with attestation by the concerned Bank official.
- Photo ID card issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs of Centre/State Governments.
- Aadhaar Card
All the documents must be self attested by the applicant
- Telephone Bill
- Bank Statements with latest transactions signed by the bank
- Electricity Bill
- Water Bill
- Gas Bill
Digital Signature Certificate (Class 2)
DSC Application Form
Physical copy of duly filled and signed application with copy of Identity and address proof documents has to be submitted to Certifying Authority.
Crypto Token (E-Token)
Digital Signature Certificate can be stored only on Crypto Token (E-Token).