An LLP which has never started business or is not carrying any business for the immediate past one year and has no assets and liabilities (Defunct LLP) can make an application to the Registrar for striking off its name from the register with the consent of all partners of the LLP
Share your details
Overview – Closure of Defunct LLP
What is a defunct LLP?
How to close a defunct LLP?
What are the conditions for filing an application for striking off a by a defunct LLP?
An LLP fulfilling the following conditions can file an application for striking off its name from the Register of LLP.
1. It should have a PAN
2. It should be inoperative from the date of incorporation OR inactive for a period of at least one year
3.It should not have any assets / liabilities as on date of application.
4. It should not have any bank account live as on date of application.
5. It should have filed the latest IT return.
How to file the application for striking off the name by a defunct LLP?
Application for striking off the name by a defunct LLP should be submitted to the concerned Registrar along with:
1. required fee
1. consent of all partners
1. affidavits and indemnity by all designated partners
1. copy of the latest IT return and
1. Statement of Accounts not older than 30 days from the date of application certified by a Chartered Accountant.
My LLP has done a little business in the last year. Can it be closed?
Who has to sign the application for closure of defunct LLP?
Should all the partners consent in order to close the LLP?
There are few assets and Balance in bank account. Can it be closed?
Will the Registrar issue a certificate after closure of LLP?
What is the process after filing the application? How long it will take to actually strike off the LLP name?
Let's Work Together!
7th Floor, Mahalakshmi Chambers, 29, MG Road, Yellappa Garden, Yellappa Chetty Layout, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001 ( Next To Trinity Metro Station )
Mobile : +91 9513939333